Many of us are spending a lot more of our time at home than in the past, and because of that, many homeowners are choosing to upgrade or overhaul their outdoor living space. If you have been considering your options when it comes to outdoor kitchens but have had a hard time choosing the features that would work best for you, there are several top trends for 2021 that you may want to consider.
- Function Over Design. In years past, outdoor kitchens were novelties that were used every once in a while, but due to the pandemic, more and more people are cooking at home rather than dining out and that requires features that are more functional. Stainless steel sinks, wine coolers and built-in grills are popular as well as smokers, fire pits and pizza ovens.
- Built-In Seating. Atmosphere is an important feature to consider when designing outdoor kitchens. Built-in seating is not only inviting but can be a space saver that allows your guests to feel right at home.
- Stainless Steel Cabinets. More people are wanting a fully functional outdoor kitchen with storage rather than just a barbeque grill. Stainless steel cabinets are not only timeless and elegant looking but are also resistant to tarnishing and decay due to moisture.
- LED Lighting. LED lighting not only saves you money, but there are many different options available. From motion sensors to light strips to dimmers in a myriad of different colors, you can change the intensity of the light as well as the color, depending on your mood.
- Open-Air Patio. Umbrellas are becoming a thing of the past, and more homeowners are opting for open-air patios to keep sun and rain away while also protecting expensive cabinets, appliances and countertops in their outdoor kitchens.
If you would like more information or to discuss design plans for your outdoor kitchen, please give us a call at Backyard Paradise and Restoration today!