If you have been considering adding a pool in your backyard, vinyl in-ground pools are one of the options, and there are several reasons why this type of pool is a good choice for many people.
- Affordable. There are quite a few factors that go into the construction of vinyl in-ground pools, and the cost will depend on things like the size and shape, custom features, filtration equipment, and whether or not it will be heated. However, most often, this type of pool will be less expensive than a concrete or fiberglass pool.
- Quick Installation. While fiberglass and concrete pools can take as long as 6-8 weeks for excavation and construction, vinyl in-ground pools can typically be built in as little as 2-4 weeks, depending on the pool’s depth, length, and custom features.
- Customizable. A vinyl in-ground pool can be customized into pretty much any shape or depth. Modern manufacturing techniques have made features available such as tanning ledges and deeper depths, and offer many colors, patterns, and thicknesses. When it comes time to replace your liner, you can choose a completely different look.
- Low Maintenance. Vinyl is a very durable, nonporous surface that doesn’t require as many chemicals as a concrete pool because the smooth surface makes it difficult for algae and other contaminants to adhere to. Vinyl is also less vulnerable to damage from freezing and thawing cycles that affect colder climates. While the vinyl will likely need to be replaced every 7-10 years, the cost is much less than the cost to resurface concrete or fiberglass, and a new vinyl liner also means that you have the opportunity to change the look of your pool every few years.
- Smooth Surface. Often times the walls of a pool are abrasive, but vinyl in-ground pools have a smooth surface that is soft to the touch and won’t irritate your skin.
If you think a vinyl in-ground pool may be the best choice for your backyard, please give us a call at Backyard Paradise and Restoration for more information.